Do You Need Extra Credit?
EXTRA CREDIT MEANS "extra"
BY DEFINITION IT MEANS ABOVE THE SCOPE OF THE CLASS
SO THEREFORE ALL YOU WORK OR MAJORITY OF YOUR ASSIGNMENTS ARE TURNED IN
SEMESTER 1 Extra credit DUE JANUARY 18th in order to be scored before the semester ends 1/25/18
Extra credit is scored on an individual basis –meaning how challenging it was for you, how you pushed yourself creatively and how you demonstrated skill building and expressive artistry.
All work is independent and original
Credit depends on five factors:
1. The complexity and challenge of the design or artwork-turned in with corresponding writing that supports your challenge
2. Accuracy/Skills-How well the student executed their design using Art Elements and Design Principles (skills)
3. The creative interpretation the work displays (creativity)
4. Meeting the deadline for extra credit points (professionalism)
5. All final work is to be digitally submitted along with CONCEPTS! and final art is to be brought in for critique
Apps that can expand your creativity
Get a Library Card—you’ll then have access to Lynda.com an online e-learning platform valued at $25.00 a month for FREE!
You can download any Adobe product like Photoshop free for 30 Days if you want to create digital art on your personal computer
Want to create a Short Film?
You can upload their own images and add text boxes to a slideshow to create an animated story, then record the slideshow with a Google extension called Screencastify. You can either record your own voice as narration, add background music, or both. There are so many different kinds of films students could produce: illustrated stories or poems, storyboard etc.
Create a Video Tutorial to share with the class
Using the same screencasting software mentioned above, you could also create a video tutorials by creating a Slides presentation on a topic (such as “how to create an animated Gif”), then recording the slideshow with narration. Student-made tutorials could even be created to teach ”How To’s”. Learn more about how Screencastify works right inside Chrome.
If you are manipulating images with ANY apps or software, in order to score points your will be REQUIRED to turn in the original photograph along with your final art.